Saturday, December 15, 2012

CITY CIGAR LIFE Introduces John Ahearn, World's famous Sculptor

I first met John Ahearn as a teenager when he had his shop/gallery on 100st Lexington Ave. He asked me if he can do a sculpture of me, I said NO.

John has been working with schools and non-profit organizations in New York City, introducing the art of Sculpture to our young children. As artists paint with colors to show how they visualize the world, John uses the Sculpture of an individual so that they see themselves in the art.

Several years later a friend invites me to meet an artist at their gallery. It turned out to be John Ahearn. As I walk into the gallery, we both said "I know this guy". He quickly asked me if he can do a sculpture of me, this time I said yes.

In the images you will see John with the finish sculpture of myself, and another image of myself and John after lunch.

Happy Holidays
CITY CIGAR LIFE
Life is Good, Life is Great

No comments:

Post a Comment